We’re over the moon: 5 star reviews for Earproof earplugs from Gearslutz :-)
Gearslutz, the number 1 website for professionals in the audio business, reviewed 3 different Earproof products. The Rockit, the Earproof Concert 15db and our PRO filters Platinum 15db. Each received an overall score of 5 starts (out of 5). Read more about the reviews in this blog.
Gearslutz on the Earproof Rockit: “Very good for this price and a marked improvement over standard earplugs.”
- Attenuate -15 dB whilst maintaining linearity rather than muffling as a standard earplug would do
- High-quality device and well-designed
- Bit fiddly but manageable. Getting a good air seal is key to success.
- Super-easy to use (squeeze the foam/insert).
- Comfortable to use to the point of becoming unnoticeable
- In terms of recyclability the Rockit offers much more than single-use and is certainly less costly than treating ear damage
Read the full Earproof Rockit review on Gearslutz.
Gearslutz on the Earproof Concert: “Polaroid sunglasses for the ears. The vision (music) is more coherent, has less glare; colours and contrast are more discernible.“
- A great investment in your ears and future hearing
- Not just about preventing damage but also making music more enjoyable in difficult environments.
- Membrane design lets the ear ‘breathe’ and reduces heat build-up
- The attenuation overrides the instinctive Lombard Effect. You’ll be less wrinkly-looking from grimacing and shouting
- Medical-grade TPE and high-quality and well-designed components
- Need to estimate ear size correctly. Comfortable for long use. Discrete.
- Easy to clean and store but perhaps important to remember which earplug is used for each ear
- Handy container
Read the full Earproof Concert 15db review on Gearslutz.
Gearslutz on the PRO filters Platinum 15db: “Protects hearing and improves performance in high SPL.”
- Quite a mature technology and the design and materials assist in keeping a balanced sound image with attenuation but without an uneven frequency response.
- The ear’s natural defences from loud sound are not as active. The high SPL experience is closer to regular perception of a lower-level reference sound.
- Reduce Acoustic Reflex – the unconscious mechanism by which the human body protects the ears
- ‘Vacuum seal’ design counteracts the Occlusion Effect
- Good, simple design that works with both the ear and the sound.
- The sonic differences between the Rockit, Concert, and PRO are reflected in their prices
Read the full Earproof PRO filter Platinum 15db review on Gearslutz.